The Art Director is responsible for the visual design, development and execution of all campaign elements and jobs produced for the brand. He/she works closely with the copywriter(s) as a creative team to maintain brand consistency and excellence on all jobs. The Art Director also works in conjunction with various members of the art team and other agency departments (including production, imaging, the electronic studio, and account service) to oversee all jobs from start to finish.
- Oversee jobs from beginning concept/design stages through final production
- Establish credibility with Clients at all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, both the brand itself and people involved (i.e. internal client structure, individual responsibilities, and interaction between groups/individuals with respect to their impact on client jobs)
- Keep abreast of current advertising, design, and other visual communications
- Continuously explore cutting-edge, current, and unique design styles and imagery
- Demonstrate the ability to work in various forms of media including a working knowledge of the print production process
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic marketing principles
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of production techniques, options, budget and timing ramifications
- Keep supervisor briefed on creative projects
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles, brand guidelines, corporate guidelines (if applicable), and aesthetic design concepts
- Meet with account management team to discuss the client’s requirements
- Work to ensure that Agency work is on strategy and contributes to growing the Client’s business
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives for all designated projects
- Work to ensure that all final products released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively communicates brand messages to targeted customers
- Be an effective presenter and clearly communicate creative concepts and rationale for design choices to team and clients and/or new business prospects
- Demonstrate ability to “zoom in and out” (big picture thinking as well as attention to details) as necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to develop creative work that is on strategy, on-time and on budget
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Client/Agency Creative/Account teams
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments and demonstrate ability to handle conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner
- Maintain positive relationships with and utilize the internal business group departments (electronic studio, editorial, traffic, imaging and production) appropriately
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations
- Project a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
We're looking for a talented designer with 1-2+ years of experience. Preferably, you have studied design, understanding the foundations of typography, hierarchy and grid structures, but you will also have the opportunity to dive into creating big ideas in brainstorming sessions.
Your portfolio should demonstrate the quality of your thinking alongside the excellence of your execution. Our team produces work that we can be proud of and we're looking for someone who shares that passion for nothing but the best.
The skill set we're looking for emphasizes digital creative, but the ability to seamlessly move between all things digital, environmental, motion, and print is a plus. Show us your web design, UI, icons, info graphics, photoshop compositions, and motion graphics work. A basic knowledge of front-end coding is a plus—we often work closely with the dev team.
You'll be surrounded by smart, creative people who, like you, enjoy making amazing things for a living. We have a free-flowing and organic work style, so there are plenty of opportunities to contribute to the creative direction for our brand. You need to be comfortable working in a collaborative setting.
Competitive salary and benefits package