Work as an Associate in Product Development (PD) group to help support Linear and Nonlinear FE algorithm including development, design, implementation, documentation and maintenance. Contributes to engineering software development in support MSC Nastran, including, but not limited to: maintaining DMAP complier and limitation removal, developing Drivers and Execution System file handling, and maintaining Regular SE and External SE, as well Modules. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining and testing MSC Nastran DMAP language and structures, maintaining DMAP complier and removing limitation removal, developing Drivers and Execution System file handling
- Maintaining Regular SE and External SE, participating the development of Modules
- Researches into algorithms for nonlinear FE analysis
- Perform the implementation and test of linear and nonlinear solution capabilities in MSC products.
- Document the enhancement and improvement of MSC products
- Assist QA test with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release.
- Create models for specific linear and nonlinear solution capabilities
Management may change this description at any time, according to business needs
- Master’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Aerospace Engineering or related field, with emphasis in programming and developing of software with finite element methods. Ph. D candidate preferred.
- 0-2 years of industrial experience is expected.
- Experience in development and implementation of finite element code, user subroutine of commercial FE package, numerical material model is desired.
- Programming experience in Fortran, C, C++, Python and other scripting languages.
- MSC Nastran (Preferred) or other commercial finite element analysis software experience
- General knowledge of computer language and programming
- Strong capability to study new computer computation language
- General knowledge of elasticity and plasticity mechanics
- General knowledge of nonlinear static and dynamic analysis
General knowledge of commercial FEA packages
- Strong working knowledge of FORTRAN preferred
- General knowledge of C, Shell programming