CDCA Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA) -
Woodhaven Residential Treatment Center | Dayton, OH
Woodhaven is expanding this summer and will be adding to staff consistently from now until the new unit opens.
Woodhaven is seeking a full-time Chemical Dependency Counseling Assistant (CDCA) to be responsible for assisting the Clinical Staff, CDCA Supervisor and others in coordinating, planning and delivery of services to all patients. The CDCA will also facilitate groups and documents client interactions, reactions and behavior in progress notes.
Woodhaven is a drug free facility -- pre-employment drug testing is required.
Shift may require some nights or weekends.
Graduation from an accredited high school or its equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Two (2) years of experience in the treatment of adults with addictive diseases or experience in inpatient treatment preferred.
Active Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA)
CDCA Areas of Responsibilities:
- Assisting unit staff in gathering patients for activities to include meals, physical fitness, group activities, outings, supervise patients, assure patients are accounted for and observed every 30 minutes.
- Assists in supervising the maintenance of all necessary equipment and supplies to the program.
- Ensures client safety through maintaining confidentiality, verbal de-escalation techniques, and knowledge of policies and procedures regarding emergencies, performing security and safety checks and reports all patient issues to nursing staff, Clinical Director and Counselors.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living.
- Orients new residents to program rules and procedures as well as other residents.
- Respond to all emergency codes effectively and efficiently.
- Participates with residents in their therapeutic activities and uses interventions from treatment and plan care of residents.
- Facilitates educational video systems and /or community meetings.
- Daily disbursement of Census Sheets.
- Monitor for visitors or other prior patients who may come into the facility with possible contraband and evaluate for agency patient safety.
- Facilitates groups and documents client interactions, reactions and behavior in progress notes.
- Observes and monitors patients at outside meetings.
- Conducts unit rounds thoroughly, keeping in mind unit safety and milieu management; accurately documents rounds and safety checks on flow sheet.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor in dealing with all patient interactions, keeping in mind customer service standards, i.e. the customer is #1.
- Accurately reports all relevant patient interactions or observable, potentially problematic behaviors to the nursing staff, Clinical Director and Counselors, in a timely manner.
- Maintains residents’ confidentiality continuously in all interactions with the visitors, patients, and other individuals.
- Utilizes skills of observation and training to assist in educational sessions and reports patient behaviors and interactions to the nursing staff, Clinical Director and Counselors.
- Assures that charts contain all appropriate forms and are complete, labeled and filed every shift.
- Completes searches for contraband on all admissions and as needed.
- Assist nursing staff with observed chain of custody urine screens.
- Attends In-service trainings, seminars, and participates in other educational activities, as assigned/ required.
- Performs the following duties as needed, as described is the Ohio Revised Code 3793:2-1-08: Crisis Intervention, Case Management, Assessment (excluding diagnosis), Individual Counseling, Group Counseling.
- May request a urinalysis be completed by the nursing department under the Ohio Revised Code 3793:2-1-08.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/ or requested.
To perform this job successfully, as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Woodhaven employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Woodhaven is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.Type your paragraph here.
Woodhaven's mission is to provide a warm, caring environment that centers on empowering clients to overcome obstacles in their lives caused by substance abuse. Woodhaven promotes a culture that attracts highly skilled and continuously developing staff that will deliver superior services to its clients. In doing so, Woodhaven's clients, staff and stakeholders lives are enriched.
Why Work for Woodhaven:
- Excellence compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career growth opportunities
- Supportive ownership