About Us: Praxis Life Sciences is a management consulting firm specializing in large, complex business change initiatives that result in superior efficiency and results in the life science industry, which includes pharmaceutical, bio-technology and medical device companies. Headquartered in Chicago with a virtual office in California, Praxis offers unique opportunities and experiences across the United States, while keeping reasonable travel in mind. We are seeking candidates who meet the requirements below and value autonomy, high-quality client delivery, work-life flexibility, candor, and a family-like atmosphere.
About the Position:
We are currently looking for an energetic and self-motivated Senior Consultant (3-5 years of applicable experience) who will be responsible for planning and managing projects using project management and process-improvement methodologies and tools. The Senior Consultant will contribute to improving our standards and methods while promoting their use within Praxis and at their client(s). In addition to their delivery responsibilities, our Senior Consultants may participate in client account teams, which focus on acquiring new opportunities and building/enhancing existing relationships with life sciences clients.
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of several projects or one large project.
- Understand how to assess team development and set up processes to build strong cohesive project teams.
- Contribute to effectively planning projects that balance scope, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Effectively execute communication strategies
- Effectively utilize MS Project, SharePoint, and other collaboration or planning tools to drive project oversight and management
- Possess or obtain a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
- Manage scope and mitigate risk across projects.
- Assist in or drive, where appropriate, the identification and management of new business.
- Raise the visibility of Praxis through involvement in industry organizations.
- Manage and achieve financial goals set for projects; assists in setting expectations regarding revenue and profitability projections.
- Contribute to accurately forecasting revenue, profitability, and utilization across projects.
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Pursue excellence and meets or exceeds client’s needs.
- Recognize the need for change and engage other resources to convey that need.
- Build fundamental knowledge in the life sciences industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas to fruition.
- Determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Engage with other Praxis colleagues or client teams to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions and expectations for one or many projects.
- Anticipate client needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
- Continually seek and capitalize upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or Master’s degree preferred
- CAPM Certification, PMP Certification, or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of strong project management, cross-functional experience at a Life Sciences (pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech, CRO, etc.) company
- Consulting experience preferred
- Experience with the following:
- Development of project plans
- Ability to update detailed budget and resource tracking tools.
- Ability to aptly navigate and create documents in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Travel may be required dependent upon the engagement.
Praxis Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates must be legally eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Please visit praxislifesciences.com for more information about our firm and the services we offer.