Cook 1 (Full-Time)
The Royal Lahaina Resort offers a fun and rewarding business environment with a true sense of `Ohana, and opportunities for career advancement.
Creativity, attention to detail and precision are attributes needed to fill this position. Members of the Culinary team produce products of consistent quality, in a timely manner, to maintain our position as a competitive Restaurateur. This position also plays a major part in our overall food cost control by ensuring appropriate food portions by weights and measures. All food preparation and service will comply with State Department of Health mandated "Food Safe" and sanitation guidelines.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses intermediary culinary skills with a minimum of ten years of experience in a hotel kitchen setting or private restaurant.
The ideal candidate is also someone with the following skills and abilities:
- Speak, read and write in the English language.
- Skilled with various knives.
- Able to follow recipes, some of which require specialized techniques, and reproduce at varying quantities.
- Knowledge of weights and measures.
- Working knowledge of food safety guidelines and associated equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and prepare multiple orders at one time while ensuring quality for each dish prepared.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time and engage in considerable physical activity on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work in varying environments including extreme heat and cold.
- Available and willing to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Team player and must be able to work with limited supervision.
- TB clearance required.
- As a condition of employment, candidate must be able to satisfy all preemployment screenings; such as criminal background checks, drug screening, and personal and professional references.
Competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Paid vacation, holidays and sick benefits.