Distribution & Outage Management Systems Power Systems Consultant (Houston, TX)
Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) | Houston, TX
Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position—located in our Houston, Texas office, you will be responsible for providing technical sales support of state-of-the-art Distribution Management System (DMS) and Outage Management System (OMS) applications for real-time control systems and support functions for mission critical Client/Server Windows, UNIX and Linux based systems. Responsibilities include:
- Assist sales efforts with product demonstrations, system design, technical discussions and proposal/quote support.
- Provide technical support for the design, planning, integration, implementation, testing, training and commissioning of power systems applications for DMS and OMS customers.
- Analyze customer requirements and create a product implementation plan for the power systems applications on customer projects.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality applications to the customer.
- Solve support-initiated and project-related customer support issues.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in power systems.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in consulting with customers on DMS & OMS applications.
- Knowledge of power systems analysis and computer programming with at least an introduction to C programming.
- Knowledge of electric utility operation, control and/or optimization.
- Strong technical background in automation, computers and public utilities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays. Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development.