This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be a senior member of the FP&A Department and will be spear-heading the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This individual will also provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, pricing, new product rollouts as well as new projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Supports Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Reviews and develops forecasting process for assigned operations, divisions, and departments
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Partner with the business to develop costing/profitability models and reports.
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions and present recommendations to leadership.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years’ experience including 2+ as Manager or Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Big 4 or investment banking experience desirable
- Experience with accounting ERP systems. Epicor desirable
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience in ecommerce and retail preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Epicor skills desirable
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- A high degree of analytical capability with the demonstrated ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, CPA, and CFA highly preferred