Field Application Engineer: PREEvision
Vector is seeking an experienced, systems-minded Field Application Engineer to engage our customers with the application of the PREEvisionPlatform for thedevelopment of E/E architectures. PREEvision is the tool for model-based electric/electronic development from architecture design to series production. This software application supports architects, network designers, development engineers, and test engineers through the entire development process: versatile functions for architecture design, requirements management, network communication design, design of safety-relevant systems, and wiring harness design are carried out in a comprehensive single tool environment avoiding tool gaps or integration issues.
- Meet with customers to understand their needs and match those needs to Vector solutions.
- Engage customers on projects as needed, independently or as part of a team. This includes travel to the customer’s site, working directly with the customer teams and reporting on the projects.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct portions of, or complete, customer technical symposiums, technical presentations, and/or special tutorials demonstrating PREEvision solutions.
- Provide individual or small group coaching for customers adopting PREEvision.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve customer issues with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Proactively liaison with global resources to meet customer expectations.
- Conceptualize, design, develop, and deliver PREEvision customizations to meet the customer-specific needs.
- Conduct training classes at the Vector facility or onsite at customer locations.
- Proactively learn about new product features and technologies to better support our customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presenting, listening, and facilitating skills to support sales activities and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency with effective project management techniques and structured problem solving, including defining and planning requirements, setting and meeting deadlines, etc.
- 2+ years engineering application experience working with a broad range of customers.
- In-depth knowledge and capabilities with developing well-structured software programs. Knowledge of data base generation, management, and query techniques.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers, perform on-site installations, coaching, and other support.
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience at an OEM and/or supplier with the development of E/E related architectures, software and/or components.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR standards and application.
- Experience with CAN (CANbus), LIN (LINbus), FlexRay, Ethernet and other embedded communications protocols.
- 2+ years of experience with Java programming and databases.
- A core business in growing, exciting technologies.
- The atmosphere of a small company with the resources of a global organization with offices in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- A privately held enterprise: Our products and strategic direction are based on our customer's needs, not outside investment interests.
- An engineering company run by engineers. If you’re an engineer, we speak your language.
- An "open-door" environment: Communication with management is simple and direct, no rigid protocol to follow
- The work-life balance of our employees underlies everything we do at Vector: For instance, we request input on decisions that directly affect our employees, or promote social events open to all employees.
What We Can Offer:
Your work is our source code. Your passion and creativity is our success. You generate ideas and product innovations, and in return, we provide an attractive, high-tech working environment with a generous Total Rewards Program. For example, our employee benefit package and flextime environment have consistently ranked in one of the top 3 categories of our annual employee survey.
We are an EEO employer.