Early Health-IT startup in Ann Arbor, Michigan is seeking a full stack engineer/developer to join our development team in Ann Arbor or the North Carolina Research Triangle region. Very experienced remote developers will also be considered. The engineer will play a key role in the feature expansion of a web-based platform used in translational and clinical trials research. At Ripple Science, we aim to accelerate life science research by transforming how research teams approach the recruitment and management of research participants.
Expectations: Work directly with the company's lead engineer, CEO, and founders to improve and expand an existing meteor-node application. Attend weekly face-to-face (or skype) meetings with the development team. Work in biweekly sprints. We prefer developers in the local South East Michigan region but will consider the right remote developer. We prefer candidates who would be interested in joining the team full time. Competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, 401K, flex time, and opportunity to earn company equity.
- You have at least basic experience with MongoDB, ES6 and CoffeeScript.
- You are a deep thinker who sees the big picture and love solving the hard problems.
- You are end-user driven and focus on the use case first and tech second.
- You thrive working in the fast, scrappy, lean, startup world without fancy project managers and layers of decision makers.
- You are effective in visualizing when existing code needs refractoring and when it does not.
- You design and write clean, easy-to-understand code that is testable.
- You have a habit of writing tests each time you work on a feature or fix a bug.
- You code for scalability.
- You adapt rapidly to new stacks and are comfortable with AWS
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- 401K match
- Flex time
- Paid vacations
- Opportunity to earn company equity
Salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year