As seen on JobsInVT.com
Directs housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Allocate bedrooms to be cleaned by the room attendant and check cleaned bedrooms to make sure they meet the core standard of cleaning. Check bedrooms for maintenance – attention to details and presentation are very important.
- Responsible for all units and outside deck of each unit.
- Establish standards and procedures for the work of the housekeeping staff.
- Ensure that the training programs are in place and followed, training employees on proper grooming and uniform standards as well as safety, proper and efficient usage of all equipment, and chemical usage.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment to ensure all areas of responsibility are clean and maintained to standard on a daily basis.
- Ensure a work order is completed for all painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space to follow up on the completion of the job in the unit.
- Inventory supplies are replaced where needed, soon after missing inventory has been reported from a unit. Alerting Manager of inventory needed for stock room.
- Regularly inspects equipment to ensure equipment is working properly. Vacuum cleaners, pad locks on caddies, safety equipment in caddies, etc.
- Ensure the staff is in uniform, neat, and respectful.
- Assist with daily paperwork as needed.
- Withhold a professional attitude and environment during all times.
- Clean units and or assists Room Attendants to clean units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Other duties include reporting to Manager any serious employee problems.
- Every six months: re-training on health and safety, re-training thr room attendants to the high core standard of hygiene and cleanliness of the bedrooms, re-introduce any changes on different cleaning materials and chemicals to be used, ask for staff feedback.