As seen on JobsInVT.com
Housekeepers work in a variety of 1-5 bedroom condominium and hotel units. Responsibilities include maintaining the highest quality for keeping our condominiums and hotel rooms cleaned. Individuals must have the ability to take direction and work independently in a fast paced environment. Some heavy lifting required. Detail oriented, dedicated and dependable and must be able to work any weekday, weekend or holiday shifts scheduled.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hotel Jay Housekeepers start at 7 AM and end around 3:30 PM or 5 PM. Total hours per week averages 35-40. Weekend and holiday hours required.
- Condo Housekeepers start at 9:30 AM and end around 5:30 or 6:00 PM. Total hours per week averages 35-40. Weekend and holiday hours required.
- Hotel Jay duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Cleaning the lobby in the morning & afternoon
- Cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, watering plants, etc.
- Busiest days are Friday and Sunday
- Condo duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Travelling by van to condo sites (driving Jay Peak vehicles on occasion)
- Stocking vehicles and cellars with linens as needed
- Cleaning using a vacuum or carpet cleaner
- Handling firewood, cleaning fireplaces
- Cleaning ovens, floors, ceramics, etc. Floor cleaning is performed on hands and knees.
- May be required to shovel snow on occasion
- Both positions will be required to handle cleaning chemicals. Employees are instructed in safe handling of these chemicals and this policy will be strictly enforced.
- These positions require that employees go in and out of vehicles and buildings on a frequent basis in many weather conditions that can be challenging. Proper footwear is essential to the safety of the employee and our policy regarding proper footwear will be strictly enforced.
- Both positions require that employees wear and maintain clean uniforms and name tags.
- Must have a professional and courteous attitude towards guests, other employees and the general public at all times.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.