Elanco Master Scheduler
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
The Elanco Master Scheduler develops and sets the Production Plan to achieve the desired output of finished product. This requires analysis of data provided by the sales forecast, inventory, and resources available in order to meet market demand. The position also formulates work of final product.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Lead monthly R&OP meetings.
- Sets the production plan and reviews with Production Managers and Supervisors.
- Responsible for planning critical raw materials (eggs, bursa, serums, purchased media, etc.).
- Work closely with GSC to develop short, mid, and long-range production plan to support customer demand, safety stocks and provides data for business planning.
- Manages changes inside the time fence.
- Formulation of final product; production record generation for final product and further processed antigen.
- Work with interdepartmental teams (Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing, and Finance) to incorporate production plan into working production schedules to best utilize production capacity, material availability, and available warehouse space.
- Master Data management for APO and BOM updates for final product and recommendations for batch size adjustments, final product and antigen.
- Measures performance based on established processes and suggests areas for improvement.
- Perform what-if analysis for business.
- Use OSSCE methodology to improve scheduling processes.
- Monitor inventory levels of produced materials.
- Interface with business integration groups for SAP improvements.
- BS degree
- 3 years of experience in supply chain position ie scheduling, planning, logistic and project management
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Master Scheduler Background Desired
- Knowledge of supply chain tools and business processes
- Experience with planning, scheduling and project management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience with SAP/APO
- Animal Health/Pharmaceutical industry experience and familiarity with USDA and other regulatory requirements
- Experience interfacing with various manufacturing functional groups, such as production, logistics, quality control, quality assurance, and technical services
- Proficient in problem solving techniques – root cause analysis, etc.
- Customer oriented
- APICS certification preferred