Systems Engineering Solutions (SES) Corporation is a service disabled veteran owned small business with over 15 years of past performance. If you would like to learn more, we would encourage you to check out our past performance at sescorporation.com and to call or email for scheduling an initial screening interview.
Position Description: Developers will be responsible for working together as an agile team on a multi-year project in a complex technical environment to design, develop, and deploy an end-to-end mobile solution that will support a very large mobile workforce on a major government field operation. The initial deployment will be of a hybrid HTML5 application targeting the Windows 8.1 platform. Responsive design principles are central to our approach.
- Developing expertise in multiple new technologies and responsive design techniques to enable mobile application development across multiple platforms and form factors,
- Working closely with the Solution Architect to formulate the technical approach for multiple components and sub-systems that align with the overall MVVM solution architecture,
- Interfacing directly with the client Product Owner on a day-to-day basis to clarify and understand user stories, acceptance criteria, and the market forces that drive the solution requirements,
- Writing high quality software code as part of a team of technology generalists in two-week Scrum sprints.
- Participating in regular code reviews and pair-programming activities,
- Closely monitoring technical debt, and providing recommendations when technical trade-offs are required,
- Maintaining unit test coverage for all newly developed modules in support of a continuous integration paradigm,
- Participating in and sometimes leading bi-weekly sprint demos to the client, as part of a cohesive Scrum team.
- Designing and developing prototypes as needed in an R&D context to enable the evaluation of technical alternatives to complex problems in the mobile design space,
- Implementing a suite of security controls sufficient to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of all sensitive data both at rest and in transit.
- jQuery / jQuery Mobile with Knockout
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Type Script
- WebGL and OpenGL graphics layers
- Web Service development in C#
- Oracle 11g including PL/SQL
- TeamCity continuous integration server
- Visual Studio IDE
- Evidence of strong general cognitive abilities: the ability to learn things and solve problems, to organize information, and to apply a structured logical approach to a challenging and unfamiliar problem space,
- Evidence of “emergent leadership skills”: the ability to understand when to step in, take ownership, and provide leadership on a team, and the humility to step back to allow for other team members to contribute as needed,
- Evidence of sustained curiosity both within and outside of your chosen field,
- All candidates will be required to provide a code sample for discussion at the interview.
- Experience developing modern web applications for consumption on a mobile device using the principles of responsive design,
- Experience successfully deploying a mobile application the Android Market or the Apple App Store.
- Experience working as a consultant or contractor in the federal space.
- Education; Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related field.
- Bachelor's +10 years or Masters +8 years experience.
SES provides a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off