The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the medical services. Horizon Health and Wellness is and Integrated Health Care Agency. Horizon Health and Wellness provides a multi-directional integrated behavioral health, primary care and wellness services designed to improve individual health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. This position will actively engage in the provision of culturally responsive, integrate services as well as support and/or participate in initiatives designed to foster and promote integrated service delivery.Horizon Health and Wellness is a Federally Qualified Healthcare Center and our sites are NHSC approved.
- Initiate entry health care system.
- Elicit a health, illness, psychosocial, and family history.
- Perform physical exams and order appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Record the history, physical examination, diagnostic tests, and an evaluation of health status based on assessment data.
- Establish and record a plan of care.
- Regulate and adjust medications and treatments.
- Monitor and record progress, evaluate plan of care and make modifications accordingly.
- Consult and collaborate with members of the health care team in the assessment of management of mental health problems.
- Provide teaching and counseling aimed at prevention of illness and modification of risk factors to health, and maintenance of high level wellness.
- Provide primary care and arrange for continuing definitive care.
- Assume responsibility for the identification and therapeutic management of illnesses.
- Mentor students as appropriate.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as R.N. and National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Possess current DEA registration.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have no pending actions by board of medicine in Arizona or any other state.
- Have current unencumbered license to practice as a physician assistant and to prescribe medications in the State of Arizona.
- Possess valid driver's license with acceptable driving record, telephone and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to participate in training's and continuing education.
- Ability to analyze and assess situations and patients.
- Ability to make sound judgement relating to patient care.
- Ability to complete accurate patient records documentation.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of referral resources available to participants.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers ad electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Generous Benefit Package.