The Recovery Support Specialist is responsible for the delivery of case management, advocacy and clinical services to probation and/or court ordered treatment for participants.
- Meet emergency demands in a calm, competent, productive and timely manner
- Must have experience as a consumer of behavioraol health services and be willing to share those experiences as a learning/teaching tool.
- Appropriately interacts with participants without regard to gender and cultural variables.
- Provide ongoing observation of all client behavior immediately reporting any potentially dangerous situations to the Program Coordinator.
- Completes clinical documentaion on participants and accompanying billing documentation on a daily basis.
- Provide case managemnt services to participants.
- Ensure integrity of programs clinical standards, practicies, and functions.
- Maintain documentation of case management services in the participants records.
- Provide peer support services under the concept and practice of recovery.
- Provide consultation, education and advocacy services to families and other providers.
- Works with clinical staff to assure follow-through on participant treatment plans.
- Provide regular peer support groups and individual counseling.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned, pick up participants on time, comply with safe driving paractices and follow procedures. Getting emergency assistance in case of vehicle breakdown.
- Follow behavior management procedure to control clients whose behavior is escalating, creating a threat to the safety of self or others.
- Initiate First Aid/CPR if needed.
- Provides shift report and Medication monitoring.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Have been a consumer and is willing to share those experiences in peer to peer interactions.
- Must have Peer Support/Recovery Support Certification.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess valid driver's license with acceptable driving record, phone and reliable transportation.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR and CPI.
- Must have annual TB screening and physical exam.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Have availability of phone for easy access of Agency contact.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
Geneous Benefit Package