As seen on JobsInVT.com
Assists customers interested in making purchases, answers questions, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in retail store by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise, as needed.
- Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Utilizes point of sale computer system to total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
- Cleans shelves, counters, or tables.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Calculates sales discount to determine price.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, which could be directly related, or un-related to original position.