Encore VFX looking for MAYA Riggers- (Burbank, Vancouver Locations)
Encore VFX is an Emmy Award Winning Visual Effects Facility, providing outstanding visual effects work for television and motion picture projects. Some of our past or current projects include The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, Insecure, Narcos, Riverdale, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Sense 8, American Gods, Magicians, etc.
The perfect candidate would love to join our team of passionate people that have come together from across the globe to create innovative VFX work. It’s a fast paced and growth oriented work environment where boredom is non-existent and you will have new challenges to tackle on the daily basis.
- Generate a variety of realistic creature, hero, digital double, vehicle and prop rigs
- Rig and deform realistic body and facial rigs largely using our joint-based rig systems
- Work on multiple assets when needed.
Experience working on a variety of issues, such as mechanical systems, animals, complex realistic body and face deformation, automation thru scripting, tentacles, ropes, vehicles, crowd characters, and anything else we throw at them.
Strong technical and communication skills, as well as, a firm understanding of production workflow.
- Provide reel demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations
- 5 years experience with production-level character rigging, scripting and tool development.
- Strong knowledge of Maya’s rigging toolset, including: skeleton placement, skinning techniques, IK/FK setup, corrective BlendShape workflow, expressions, utility nodes, and Maya deformers.
- Strong comprehension of anatomy and articulation (human and creature mechanics). • Keen artistic eye to drive the look of realistic and appealing surface deformations.
- Production experience with MEL and Python scripting.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.