Who We Are
QuantumBlack teams work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact. We bring together the brightest data scientists, engineers and designers to take on the biggest problems facing the world’s most influential organisations. Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker, to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture.
Real-World Impact - No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
Fusing Tech & Leadership - Apart from working with the latest technologies and methodologies, as part of McKinsey & Company we offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to achieve optimal results.
Innovative Work Culture - We believe that creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern working environment with an emphasis on health and wellness through insightful talks and training sessions.
Striving for Diversity – As an inclusive company with colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
What You'll Do
As a Senior SRE with strong knowledge of systems, networks, and cloud, you should be just as comfortable hacking code with developers as you are in dealing with operational and security concerns. You should have an in-depth understanding of the linux operating system and how cloud services can scale to thousands of instances in an efficient, secure, and stable manner.
- Write code to automate provisioning, configuration and deep revisioning of cloud system
- Deliver automated application and infrastructure governance pipelines
- Scale our data platform and assist developers in integrating with it
- Diagnose and resolve system errors and defects
To be considered for the Senior Site Reliability role in our Boston team you will have the following skills and experience
- Strong software engineering skillset in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as Python, Go, or Ruby
- Comfortable in writing infrastructure as code using the same code quality & engineering practices expected from core application developers (test/behavior driven development, unit/integration/security and acceptance testing)
- Strong automation experience in one or more infrastructure orchestration frameworks such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Strong automation experience in one or more configuration management frameworks such as Ansible or Puppet
- Working experience with at least one of the major cloud IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Profound knowledge of Agile concepts and working experience as part of a SCRUM team
- Strong experience in at least one major Linux distribution such as Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat/CentOS
- A love of open source software with wide experience in using various software engineering frameworks, databases, applications, and operating systems
- Highly motivated individual with a real passion for DevOps
- Embraces a non-hierarchical trust and transparency and is comfortable challenging the status quo
- Distinct quality mindset and service attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Self-driven, organized and excellent time management
- Ability to work both independently as well as in various multi-cultural team settings
- Opportunity to work remote 2 days a week
- Competitive Salary, Bonus and Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Regular Social Events
- Extensive Learning and Development opportunities across all teams
- Family friendly benefits
- Opportunity to work with amazing colleagues!
- Relocation allowance