Come join our team and make a meaningful difference in your life as well as the lives of those we serve!
We are seeking a Server for our Stockton, CA community, The Commons at Thornton.
About the Job:
- High school diploma or GED
In a typical day:
We are seeking individuals to assume the role of Server. These persons will be responsible for: the flow of service from the kitchen to ensure all residents receive their preferences in both food and beverages. Assist residents when necessary through a buffet, salad bar or beverage station. Works with professionalism and has knowledge of basic food offerings and menu content. Keep restaurant properly cleaned and set-up to meet resident expectations. In addition, WESTliving is looking to fill this position with a person who possesses the following:
- Greet residents, visitors, and team members courteously.
- Respect dignity and confidentiality standards and promote resident rights.
- Carries a service oval with a minimum of four entrees.
- Clearly communicates and understands residents’ preferences.
- Sets, clears, and resets tables to company standards.
- Breaks down, cleans, and puts together beverage dispensing equipment.
- Waits on residents and provides them exceptional service
- Performs minor food preparation duties as assigned.
- Sets up salad bar attractively and restocks as needed.
- Changes beverage dispensing units as they are depleted.
- Completes side-work assignments as determined by supervisor.
- Assists in seating residents.
- Writes guest checks in legible writing that is easy to understand and follow.
- Knowledgeable in use of POS systems.
- Uses proper service skill technique to provide residents professional service.
- Understands and applies the finer points of table service.
- Understands and adapts to the needs of “service sequence”.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude with other departments and their team members.
- Maintains department standards at all times.
- Uses properly trained lifting practices at all times.
- Promptly report any unsafe conditions or equipment.
- Service Orientation: actively looks for ways to assist our customers and team members
- Communication: able to read written direction and comprehend verbal instructions at a level necessary to accomplish the job; speak clearly to convey information effectively; give full attention, taking time to understand, without interruption
- Attendance: prompt and works as scheduled maintaining regular attendance
- Interpersonal skills: relate well to others, to accept and value others
- Initiative: ability to act without constant direction, to assess situations and recognize what needs to be done
About the rewards:
We offer a robust total rewards package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, company holidays, and a Safe Harbor 401K plan with generous employer match. Through training, tuition reimbursement, clear career paths and opportunities to learn and stretch your skills, we invest in your success!
About the team:
We provide a stable work environment, with a predictable workflow and without the stress of a high-pressure restaurant. You get to serve the same residents each day, three deliciously prepared and well-presented meals! Our team of culinary professionals provide our residents with the tastes of home, served in a world-class dining atmosphere.
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your career while making a difference in someone’s life? Do you wish you could end each workday feeling that what you did was truly meaningful? If so, you belong at West Living!
West Living is a dynamic and growing senior housing owner operator, combining a vision of being the best in Inspired Aging with a hospitality approach to service delivery. We call it West Class service, and it uniquely positions us to provide seniors with a warm, friendly and supportive environment so they can live more fulfilled lives.
WESTliving is an Equal Opportunity Employer.