At Seller Labs, we innovate, educate, and empower individuals. We are dedicated to growth and learning new things in all phases of your career. We care about giving our customers, small businesses of all sorts, the tools they need to succeed with ease and delight. We're located in the college town of Athens, Georgia, just about an hour outside of Atlanta, and the downtown office is not only a hub for our burgeoning developer scene, but is seriously nice. A lot of the team is based here in Athens, but we also have remote folks all over the US. We tied for first place as Atlanta’s Most Innovative Young Tech Start-up of 2015. We have bold ideas and big dreams, and an incredible team helping to make it happen. We love to work with people who are passionate about learning, solving hard problems, and love what they do.
Our company is unique from many other startups because we have multiple products, and because of that we offer a tremendous amount of opportunity and growth for every person on the team. We have products in different states but typically our stack looks something like this:
- A (mostly) RESTful microservice API implemented in:
- Java 9, with a Spring Framework, Swagger, and Gradle;
- Laravel PHP; or
- Haskell for our most performant pieces, with learning opportunities if you're interested
- Continuous integration and automated deployments with TravisCI, Docker, and AWS
- A modern React frontend utilizing Redux, Ramda, and a library of shared components
- You'll take responsibility for development tasks, both new features and investigating defects, and follow them through to their conclusion.
- You'll talk to your product manager and team to give technical insight on new ideas.
- You'll follow and help develop internal coding standards, design guidelines, and recommended development processes.
- You'll look at your coworkers' code with respect and thoughtfulness and continue to build our strong and encouraging culture of reviews.
You're an engineer curious about solving hard problems—the kind most online merchants haven’t even thought of yet—in innovative ways, and you love sharing the things you learned along the way. You have a penchant for building simple and elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems. You'll appreciate the dedication we have to engineers getting uninterrupted development time, and love writing code, but you’re aware that your job isn’t done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with customer support, systems, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. If you are looking to perform, learn, and develop in an environment that's full of top-notch talent, and that affords you both freedom and the continuous challenge of innovation, apply today.
- Experience in an MVC framework such as Laravel or Rails
- Experience with web development, agile, concurrency, and testing
- Familiarity with current web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, and a modern JS framework
- A commitment to excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- A portfolio of code you've written, or at least a small sample you can share
- US residence
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
- Highly competitive pay
- 5% 401k match
- 80% employer-paid health coverage
- $500 fitness reimbursement annually
- Results Only Work Environment
- Generous vacation policy
- Top-notch equipment (Standing desk options, new MacBook on day one, whatever will help you do your best work)
- Free Lunch Fridays
- Awesome events like Star Wars premieres
- 1 conference/year paid
- Haskell educational opportunities — learning and teaching
What does all that mean? It means we want you to be successful and fulfilled; to be happy and to grow. We are trying hard to be one of the best places to work in the world, and we pride ourselves on doing more for our people. We have some amazing people here and are excited to talk to you more about joining us. Are you ready?
Seller Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.