Laars Heating Systems, a global leader in the boiler and water heater industry with our manufacturing, laboratory and headquarters in Rochester, NH is seeking a Staff Accountant. The successful candidate will be organized, a good communicator, pays attention to detail and strong analytical skills. This position will be responsible for the daily accounting activities for both the manufacturing and sales divisions of the company.
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and assist in financial reporting and analysis. Some will be excel based.
- Analyze general ledger accounts for accuracy and understanding.
- Support the inventory cycle count program including analysis, observation and periodic counting of inventory.
- Prepare and process sales tax returns.
- Assist in the annual budget process.
- Fixed Asset accounting.
- Prepare periodic audit files and assist with the year-end audit.
- Primary backup to the Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Other business analysis and accounting duties as required. They may include upgrades to software, inventory control design of new reports, interruption of reports for Sr staff and recommendations as appropriate.
- BA/BS Degree required, Accounting major preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an accountant and/or analyst role
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule as business needs dictate
We offer excellent progressive benefits, including immediate vacation and PTO time, 10 paid holidays per year, your choice of two Blue Cross medical plans (with low employee contributions & employer deductible assistance), dental and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), paid short-term and long-term disability, paid employee and dependent life insurance, 401k plan w/ matching, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), a comprehensive wellness program (including biweekly discounts on medical premiums, gym reimbursement, extra vacation day incentive, an onsite Nurse Practitioner, and 24/7 Medical Assistance), and the culture of a small company with a focus on people, quality, and success.