When you build your career with Marketing Instincts, you're in good company!
Clients such as Microsoft Xbox, Warner Bros, Sony, Samsung, Blizzard Entertainment, Viacom (MTV), iHeartRadio, and many more trust our expertise to produce the coolest swag and branded merchandise.
Marketing Instincts is a leading branded merchandise agency specializing in servicing premiere clients in the video game, tech, and entertainment industries, along with other Fortune 500 companies. We specialize in delivering high quality, innovative, and on-trend custom merchandise from domestic and international sources.
We have a fun, fast paced environment that rewards high achievement; we have high standards and our clients love us! As a result, we are growing and are looking for an overachiever to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated detail oriented individual to handle Accounts Receivables and E-Commerce reconciliations across multiple business segments, and get involved with a new inventory system implementation. The position responsibilities include Accounts Receivables, Bank reconciliations, and preparing management reports.
- Maintain and improve the product costing process and bill of materials within the factories. Ensure they represent and drive factory processes
- Day-to-day accounting to deal with heavy transactions which involve merchandising and shipping fees
- Reconcile Freight Bills
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs
- Assist with financial reports for month-end close, all general accounting duties and preparation of management information reports
- Provide detailed financial analysis and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Support and perform timely and accurate payment processing by processing full-cycle accounts payable
- Prepare financial reports regarding gift with purchase, licensing, and billable materials
- Responsible to set up and maintain separate financial statements for two B2B and B2B/B2C company entities; cash flow analysis of our licensing revenue and profits
- Create master product list and create SKU system
- Reconcile reports and financial data with financial statements
- Monthly Chargeback preparation
- Set up new Vendor profiles and maintain Vendor profiles
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the Accounts Payable processing
- Contribute to end of month and end of year financial statement preparation
- Degree in accounting or related field and 3+ years’ experience preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry
- Proven, solid Excel skills and exposure to automated accounting systems
Desired, but not required skills:
- Retail/e-Commerce industry experience and/or Distribution/Manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable of SKUs and Master Product sheets
- Experience with Royalty reports
- Knowledgeable of licensing/licensor products
- Experience with setting up separate General Ledger accounts for different company divisions
Terrific opportunity for a motivated individual ready to advance with a successful company. Please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Keywords: staff accountant, bookkeeper, accountant, accounting specialist, general ledger, accounts payable, 3-way matching, accounting, account reconciliation, accounting, journal entries, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounting clerk, profit-maker software, a/r, a/p, billing, accounting software, organizational skills, ms excel, financial reports, credit card reconciliation, royalty reports, sku, master sheet, staff accountant, bookkeeper, financial statements, licensing, gift with purchase, royalties, accounts receivable, accounts payable