SYSTEMS INTEGRATION MANAGER, AMERICAS – SEATTLE BASED
As a leader in hardware and software systems used within the public transportation industry, Vix Technology seeks a System Integration Manager to join our team in our Seattle office.
Vix is a global company and this position is the lead manager for the technology integration team for the US region. This position will lead the team, consisting of on-staff and contract resources, responsible for the regional integration of platforms developed by the Vix software engineering group combined with strategic third-party elements into well-defined solutions on behalf of our clients.
These solutions will be deployed in hosting environments that range from physical hardware to managed-hosting and cloud-hosted environments.
Purpose of the role
In this position, you will provide leadership in the System Integration and Engineering Activities specifically leading our local solution developments and deployments, including working with the Vix product development organisation and third parties to integrate their systems into our deployments, managing local development and customisation of our core system and leading all quality assurance activities.
Reporting lines and collaboration
You will report to the Global Head of System Integration as part of a global practice while working as part of the Regional Project Delivery teams for delivery of the local projects. You will manage third party delivery partners and guide a team of up 7 to 10 integration engineers and quality assurance team members.
You will work with:
- other regional system integration managers, to set standards for how system integration is performed in a common manner globally, and with other global and regional teams to define standards and refine workflow processes.
- Solution delivery and architecture teams to define the implementation architecture for projects and ensure the as-built systems meet their architectural goals
- global product management teams, to define, refine and maintain product and functional requirements around the areas of functional and technical integration for in-house and third-party development.
- system operations team, to ensure there are fully defined and provisioned operational environments and smooth and automated deployments to these environments.
- Third party partners and developers to ensure that integrations are clearly defined, developed to project timelines and thoroughly tested for quality outcomes.
- Receive releases from global engineering teams, as well as third party partners, ensuring all releases integrate into a functioning service for the specific needs of the customer.
- Manage internal teams and third party development partners in the definition, development and testing of bespoke elements of solution delivery to projects.
- Drive automation and efficiency into the product life cycle and participate in production-issue diagnostics, identification and resolution.
- Work with regional sales team in pre-sales activities, develop proposals and represent the organization as a technical and solution expert.
- Manage 3rd parties & internal SI resources including ownership off forecasts, Estimates of effort/ ETC/EAC, recruiting team to fullfil forecast in an efficient manner & managing the team / 3rd parties to deliver quality outcomes within budget. Good knowledge of Scheduling tools & dependency management required.
Indicative share of activities will be: team leading 20%, technical leadership 20%, planning 30%, vendor mgmt. 15%, customer and internal stakeholder mgmt. 15%.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, computer science / related field, or equivalent work experience (preferably master’s degree)
- 8+ years proven experience in team management in a fast-paced software engineering and/or technology operations/integration position
- Solid and practical understand of every aspect of the software lifecycle, including proven skills and experience in Agile development practices
- Expert knowledge of the quality assurance processes and technologies
- Practical knowledge of Agile and other project life cycle, project management and task management methodologies
- Experience in API / SDK development & documentation highly desirable.
- Experience in Project Management or Engineering team management highly desirable
- Demonstrable people management skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with both customers and engineers, translating technical verbiage while providing a perspective to guide the customer through the detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- You will become an expert with our customer/target customer needs, while also developing your knowledge of our product capabilities and support regional selling process by communicating these capabilities to our customers and potential customers.
- You will have the opportunity of leading the systems engineering and delivery practice within the US, which is the fastest growing market in Vix, working with world class technology and business applications.
Please can you provide details on your current salary and benefits package, where applicable, and your expectations in your covering letter/email, along with the submission on your CV. When submitting an application, please kindly confirm your eligibility to work in the US and please provide details of your visa is applicable. Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted. Vix Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer that seek to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse communities we operate within.