Atypon develops software essential to the business of online publishing. Literatum, our publishing platform, is home to more than 40% of the world’s English-language scholarly and professional journals. Working at the intersection of technology and publishing, we are searching for an accomplished professional who can work with our clients to better take advantage of our products.
Technical Account Managers at Atypon become subject-matter experts for our digital publishing platform and provide our customers with prompt and knowledgeable technical guidance. They establish strong relationships with customers, becoming their go-to person and primary point of contact. By building that relationship, our team also investigates new capabilities and trends in the publishing industry to better service our clients and create new and better products.
- Build a comprehensive technical knowledge of the customers’ platforms and use that knowledge to help them get the most out of our products
- Build an excellent rapport with customers. Fix client problems directly, when possible, and educate them on how to do so themselves going forward.
- Deliver product training for new and existing customers and assist with training of new coworkers
- Effectively communicate with engineering teams, and translate their feedback to our clients
- Manage customer expectations and be accountable for the relationship
- Travel as required to meet with specific partners/clients (Minimal)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject or equivalent practical experience
- Working knowledge of one or more general purpose programming language, including but not limited to: Java, Python, Objective C
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction
- Proven oral and written communication skills, experience building and maintaining customer relationships
- Ability and willingness to work with teams in multiple time zones
- Ability to deliver messages on the technical level and present technical materials to groups of any size and background
- Familiarity with version control systems like GIT or SVN
- Understanding of the publishing and information industries. Background in online journal or book production a plus
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Vacation and separate sick leave
- Flexible hours