Animal Hospital of Soquel:
We are a state-of-the-art, veterinary practice in Santa Cruz. We are looking for a full time Veterinary Practice Assistant to join our team
We are looking for a friendly, motivated professional individual who works well with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment.
Areas of responsibility for this position encompass but are not limited to Veterinary practice administration, operational plans, ordering and stocking supplies and equipment, funds and resource management, data automation, staffing, safety and security, review/evaluation/analysis of the past performance of the practice and marketing the clinic.
We prefer someone with some of veterinary experience or management experience and can assist the Practice Manager with the daily operations efficiently and effectively.
. -----SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-----
- Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the Veterinary Practice Manager to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity. Lead veterinarians and veterinary medical team through the Cycle of Service and communicate with the other associates to maintain the flow of patients.
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes performing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
- Educate clients about Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other issues.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Assist with surgery as applicable. *Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Mentor other paraprofessionals in the hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of AVIMAK Software is a plus
1 year experience in the field
Physical effort: Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (lifting assistance provided when lifting animals over 40 lbs). Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Benefits package (Full-Time)
- Veterinary discounts
- Website and retail discount
- Cross - Trained