As seen on JobsInVT.com
The Wedding Sales Coordinator acts as a liaison with wedding clients and with internal stakeholder groups and departments (F&B, Lodging, Maintenance, Security & Parking, etc.) by effectively maintaining various communication skill sets. This is accomplished through administrative support, working on special projects as assigned and being proactive and responsive in a timely, friendly, tactful and professional manner. The right candidate with have an eye for detail, the ability to provide outstanding customer service and will have an outgoing personality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with the Director of Sales, Director of Lodging and Catering Director. Maintains an active trace/follow-up system for all incoming inquiry calls and daily job duties.
- Generates complete and correct daily event schedules and reader boards.
- Prepares and stays current on weekly reporting (ie. weekly resume agenda).
- Maintains the banquet event order book and event order distribution to all pertinent departments.
- Must be fully versed in all banquet space, facilities and capabilities of competitive set
- Keep filing system organized for all past groups
- Attend and actively participate in all related meetings, including daily departmental meetings
- Maintain excellent communication with internal team, keeping everyone fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Remain available to hotel colleagues via email while on property.
- Become familiar with CATERING PRO computer program used for booking sales and catering groups. Utilize CATERING PRO system for accurate blocking of events, groups,traces, and generation of BEOs and create daily and weekly reports when needed
- Generate Banquet Event Orders for internal events, organizing, copying and distributing as needed.
- Generate Group Resumes for all hotel events
- Work closely with Group Destination Coordinator to block lodging rooms for clients, check availability, secure rooms, enter room lists, etc.
- Stay current on what is happening in the conference center and base facilities, including other events happening out of the Group Sales office
- Maintain all weddng and social event supplies, replenishing as needed
- Generate Food & Beverage Revenue reports and assorted market vision reports for related managers on a monthly basis
- Upsell full compliment of resort activities such as Pump House Indoor Water Park, Ice Haus, golf, hiking, tram rides, etc
- Work with Meeting Matrix room layout software to provide detailed visual confirmation for clients
- The ability to be an energetic, personable and service oriented person is essential. Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, be detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Must be forward thinking in order to anticipate the needs of clients, the Conference Sales Manager while being a good listener and a solution provider.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, which could be directly related, or unrelated to original position.