Vermont Federal Credit Union
Consumer Loan OfficerSouth Burlington, VT 05403
Vermont Federal Credit Union is a growing financial cooperative in Northwestern Vermont, currently serving over 40,000 members. We are looking for friendly, self-motivated individuals who enjoy helping people, have strong communication skills, are detail-oriented and enjoy working as part of a team.
We partner with quality companies offering top notch benefits of the traditional and nontraditional types. We have competitive health care and 401k matches, a local employee assistance program, and other wellness benefits. Please visit our website for full details of our benefits program. We currently seek to fill the following position(s):
Consumer Loan Officer - South Burlington, VT:
Vermont Federal Credit Union is searching for a Consumer Loan Officer based out of the Kennedy Drive Office. This person will be responsible for assisting members with financial services through a consultative approach to determine the most value-added products and/or services to meet individual member needs.
- Ensure accuracy in handling member transactions to balance cash, open accounts, credit accounts and originate loan applications and documents appropriately and to maintain customer privacy at all times.
- Ensure fraud detection and prevention through applying tools and judgment/knowledge of unusual transactions, identification, etc.
- Utilize strong profiling skills to identify relationship growth opportunities to assist our members in reaching their financial goals.
- Provide guidance to teller teams on how to have engaging conversations with members on products and services.
- Scan work in a timely/correct manner to avoid undue deletions and member issues.
- Maintain knowledge and follow procedures for accuracy to minimize errors/losses and to make good decisions with Account opening/transactions. Escalate issues when appropriate.
- Consistently deliver an optimal member experience
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidentiality, and discretion requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Please be sure to attach your resume. Applications without an attached resume will be considered incomplete. Vermont Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.