Senior Software Engineer - Content ManagementChester, VT 05143
Senior Level (10+ years experience)
At NewsBank, your skills building end-to-end web systems and supporting applications will help shape the direction and operational production of digital content. You will join a talented and collaborative team of like-minded development professionals. As a key part of our agile development process, you'll work with operational, technical, and marketing teams delivering business value through testing and iteration. Along the way you'll have opportunities to stretch your professional and personal development.
This Lead Software Engineer position is part of our Content Management Team, where we build systems to manage and deliver a vast array of information across a wide spectrum, including - current news, historical records, government publications, and highly sought-after genealogical information. Our databases encompass billions of documents in a variety of formats that span more than five centuries. As a member of the Content Management Team, you play a lead role in building and supporting systems and technologies that drive the production, storage, security, management, and delivery of this content.
Working remotely is certainly a consideration for the right individual. Due to COVID-19 nearly all current development work is performed remotely using an on-line, collaborative, and team-oriented infrastructure. NewsBank has traditional office locations in Naples, FL and Chester, VT.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans - VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The following are the minimum requirements:
- Substantial experience UX design and implementation
- Experience with developing threaded, high-volume services
- Solid skills in SQL database development, scaling, and schema data design
- Familiarity with NO-SQL databases and XML/XPath
- Capable of engaging with multiple stakeholders in designing, developing, and delivering applications.
- Accomplished at leading technical development activities at individual and organizational tiers
The following are beneficial requirements:
- Experience with additional strongly typed and/or object-oriented languages
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems and application deployment
- Practical knowledge of AWS or other cloud implementations
- Familiarity with source code management and CICD best practices
- Familiarity with software coding and security best practices
- Familiarity with OCR and content deconstruction
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, life, supplemental life, short-term disability insurances, 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid time off and flexible spending plans.