Community Health Options
Senior Level (10+ years experience)
Community Health Options is seeking a skilled, entrepreneurial Chief Sales and Marketing Officer (CSMO). The CSMO is responsible for all activities related to developing and executing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization, conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets to drive awareness, engagement, and revenue. Specifically, _the CSMO establishes short- and long-term sales goals and quotas in line with company-wide objectives and identifies and executes on competitive strategies that will enable achievement of such targets. R_esponsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; and hiring and directing the day-to-day activities of sales and marketing departments.
- Provide leadership for marketing strategy, and management and communications.
- Build, develop and manage a sales and marketing team capable of carrying out needed sales, service, and communication initiatives.
- Provide leadership and support for the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Develop new markets and recommend improvements in products and services.
- Manage multiple channels selling strategies, inclusive of sales incentive programs which support the company’s goals for growth.
- Oversee and direct the market competitor analysis.
- Develop sales strategies to meet operating and financial goals.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve company goals.
- Use sales predictive tools to forecast growth.
- Develop communication strategies and planning in conjunction with the Executive Team.
- Determine and direct the overall positioning strategy of public relations plans.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the marketing research function.
- Staff the Member Experience Committee of the Board.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Leaders within Community Health Options are expected to lead with integrity, humility, strategic vision, curiosity, and discipline. They must be self-motivated, highly effective and compassionate communicators, effectively leading people, managing work processes, and actively engaging in continuous process improvement. Competencies and characteristics specific to this position include:
Financial management skills
Problem solving/analytical reporting
Health Option diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development, and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs, and the ongoing development of a work environment built upon the premise of diversity equity, which encourages and enforces:
Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in cross-discipline marketing and communication (PR, marketing, advertising, communications, web).
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in all marketing, sales, and communications functions, including marketing strategy/planning, digital communication strategy, online and traditional marketing, event marketing, collateral and commercial development and production, social media, public relations, publications, and group sales; in depth knowledge of and established relationships with regional print and broadcast media; and a proven ability to successfully manage and execute internal and external communications and crisis communications.
- Experience with CRMs and “big data;” proven track record of success in utilizing data and analytics to increase constituent engagement and drive revenue.
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of marketing, sales, and communications specialists; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff at all levels to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, sense of humor, highly intuitive, connector.
This is a remote position that includes a Total Rewards Program that is designed to enhance the lives of our people (i.e., cultivate a commitment to health, pay for current healthcare and dependent care costs, and provide a tax-effective vehicle to accumulate funds for retirement).
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Group Life, STD and LTD Insurance
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer match
- Workplace Flexibility and Workplace Transition Program
- Dependent Care Flex Spending
- Vacation time, Holidays, Floating Holidays, Personal Health time, Maine Earned Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave
- Professional Development/Education Reimbursement
NOTE: You will be taken to our portal website to complete this action.
Posted On: March 3, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Status: full-time
Similar Jobs: business-opportunity healthcare sales, Nearby 04243