$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
The Child and Family Support Specialist will work on a team consisting of child and family support specialists and clinical staff. This position will provide aftercare and stabilization for families in their homes as children transition home from hospitals (emergency rooms and In-patient psychiatric units, crisis stabilization units or residential treatment facilities). This position will work to bridge clients to resources and decrease length of unnecessary stays as well as to support families in maintaining their children as they wait in their home community for higher levels of care, such as Residential Treatment or In-Patient psychiatric units.
- Ensure provision of therapeutic interventions and continued crisis stabilization and support in the home.
- Work with hospitals, crisis stabilization unit's (CSU's), or residential treatment programs around possible step downs from higher level of care to lower level of care.
- Attend to the emotional, behavioral, and physical health needs of the child(ren) in a holistic client-centered manner.
- Support children and their families to navigate individual needs that assists in obtaining services that are required.
- >Work as a team with clinician to follow plan for treatment and to meet goals.
- Assist in creating and implementing individualized crisis management plan that promotes less restrictive alternatives to hospitalization.
- Refer to other services including, but not limited to, other behavioral health and/or medical services, housing, food, clothing and other basic needs.
- Promote participant wellness.
- Proficient in electronic health records (EHR).
- Document services by entering participant data into (EHR), complying with all organization, state, and federal documentation requirements.
- Implementation of data tools in accordance with contractual agreement.
- Identify and document unmet needs.
- Facilitate active and timely communication among the members of the team.
- Address barriers to care including transportation, financial, family support, lack of service providers, and physical health.
- Ability to work on-call shifts, including weekend and overnight shifts. Be willing to work a flexible schedule based on client's needs.
- Provide information about the Program partnering organizations and work with them on referrals.
- Complete Safety Care Training and required trainings.
- Collect data to assist in tracking of services and in quality improvement activities.
- Carry out various quality assurance activities, such as explaining the purpose of the patient satisfaction survey, documenting reasons for dropouts or any patient feedback regarding problems with access or quality of services, and communicating findings to supervisor.
- Associate's degree in Human Services in psychology, mental health and human services, behavioral health, behavioral sciences, social work, human development, special education, counseling, rehabilitation, sociology, nursing or closely related field.
- MHRT-CSP/ability to earn.
NOTE: You will be taken to our portal website to complete this action.
Job Code: 11486
Posted On: May 10, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Status: full-time
Similar Jobs: customer-service, Nearby 04072